Casa Nuestra means “our house” and those who visit us say that it feels like home.
Casa nuestra is our home:
- We bought the vineyard in the Napa Valley’s historic St. Helena district in 1975 and released our first vintage in 1979.
- We produce our wines almost entirely from the estate’s 17 acres of vineyards. All of our wines are vinified and bottled on our estate.
- We specialize in wines from noble grape varietals which are otherwise disappearing or have disappeared from the Napa Valley: Chenin Blanc, Cabernet Franc, Riesling, and a Tinto ‘field blend.'
- In 1975 we made a commitment to farm organically without the use of any chemical fertilizers and pesticides. This was unusual at the time. All products used in the vineyard today are OMRI listed.
- We were the first winery in the Napa Valley to install solar panels. All buildings on the estate including the winery and the tasting room are solar powered.
Read our Blog
Our winery blog is over 30 years old and predates the personal computer era! In truth, from 1984 to 2003 it existed in the form of journals, written by Gene, printed in a local print shop and sent to our customer a couple times each year. You can flip through the old journals in our tasting room or read them right here, along with recent Casa stories.
Casa Nuestra is a by-appointment only property. Club Casa and mailing list members will receive preference for same-day and weekend appointment scheduling. We are not able to accommodate walk-in visits.
Buy our wines
Casa Nuestra wines are “Estate Bottled." This is the most restrictive and sought-after designation, requiring that wines qualify for vintage dating and appellation of origin. From our 17 acres of vineyards we make about 2,500 cases annually, and we only sell our wines though our allocation list, wine club, and here in our website.